Thursday, April 28, 2011

My concept compared to another artists...

http://www.whitecube.com/artists/ernesto_caivano/
ES - 4
2008
Ink and graphite on paper
41 x 96 13/16 in. (104.2 x 245.9 cm) (incl. frame)

 

For my final series of photographs my concept is the relationship of my future husband and myself and looking at the different emotions and situations we go through during this stressful ongoing process of growing up and becoming a pair instead of two separate people.  I have photographed the two of us in different situations. both together and apart, these situations show the angst and frustration, as well as the intimate times were we are at our best and worst. I think that of all the artists showing in the White Cube my concept is the most close to that of Ernesto Caivano. Caivano  works in a medium of ink drawings and is working with relationships between lovers, their emotions of "courtship, separation, retribution and eventual evolution". While our mediums are completely opposite the concepts are similar because they focus on relationships between two people.  

1 comment: