Tuesday, February 8, 2011

 
http://www.mfah.org/exhibition/eye-third-ward-jack-yates-high-school-photography/
                                                 Ivon Rico, Give!, 2010, gelatin silver print.

 I thought that this photograph was amazing, the action is caught just right and the thing that caught my eye the most was the bird in the top left corner that is coming off the image. Its beautiful, not to mention taken by a high schooler. 



http://www.camerawork.de/
                     Phil Stern / Courtesy Camera Work, Berlin - James Dean Pull over sweater, 1955

I thought that this photograph was interesting because of the position of the subject, it is funny to me, and I am trying to develop a style of portraiture and I think  that it is good to keep looking at other artists and how they take portraits to help me develop my own style. I also like the halo around his head.


http://www.saulgallery.com/chronicle/stephenson_light-cities.htm
                                    David Stephenson, Tokyo Tower and Shiba Park, 2010

               I was first attracted to this image because at first glance it looks like Paris. But it's not....

Jordyn L. Dorrance, Untitled,  2011

                      I like the shadows that the siding on the house makes. They are very dramatic.

Jordyn L. Dorrance, Untitled, 2011
           I like this photograph because I like how the door makes a perfect frame for the perfect subject. 

Jordyn L. Dorrance, Untitled, 2011

I am attracted to the photograph mostly because of the silhouetted figure and the long shadows the legs make along the sidewalk. I also like how he is perfectly in the same line as the light refection.



1 comment: