Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Week 4 blog.


http://www.teamgal.com/artists/cory_arcangel/outside_exhibitions/200/here_comes_everybody

      Photographer unknown? Cory Archgel ,November 30th 2010 – May 1st 2011 ,Hamburger Bahnhof
I know that this picture is just documenting the artist simply setting up the piece he is showing but I love this photograph, I guess the photographer is unknown.

http://www.brooklynmuseum.org/exhibitions/norman_rockwell/neighborhood.php
Top: Louie Lamone (American, 1918–2007). Photographs for New Kids in the Neighborhood, 1967. Norman Rockwell Art Collection Trust, Norman Rockwell Licensing, Niles, Illinois

Bottom: Norman Rockwell (American, 1894–1978). New Kids in the Neighborhood, 1967. Look magazine, May 16, 1967. Tear sheet, 13 x 20½ in. (33 x 52.1 cm). Norman Rockwell Museum Archival Collections. Norman Rockwell Licensing, Niles, Illinois


I had no idea this is how these paintings came about. And not to mention how interesting these images are as original photographs...I never thought this is how his images came about.



http://whitney.org/Exhibitions/KarthikPandian   
Karthik Pandian (b. 1981), Cahokia: Stockade Wall, 2009. Digital photograph from the artist’s research archive for Unearth

At first I did not like this image. But then I kept reading and it was actually interesting to know what this set of images is about and I would like to see more. It was about looking at cultures from our past and not forgetting them. I dont see how this image relates to that but I am willing to look into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment